Thursday, September 29, 2011

Happy National Coffee day 2011

A Re-posted picture here in honor of National Coffee Day, 2011, the cup that started it all.

My love of coffee is new; it began on March 31, 2009 in Bologna, Italy (see above pic). We were in the famous Rosa Rose Cafe, and order a Spritz. Apparently at the time our Italian was not what it is now (hehe) and we received two espresso. Neither of us were coffee drinkers and neither of us wanted to embarrass ourselves, so we added some sugar (2 packets to be exact) and started in on not embarrassing ourselves. A.J. was not so sure; I was hooked, happy, and buzzed! (And of course to help out, I drank his too!) I spent the next few days in Bologna in a new state of fun and headed full speed into my new love of coffee.

I now realize I have done coffee backwards espresso to drip coffee. I started off with espresso, moved after about a year into cappuccino’s, and now anything goes, I'll even have a drip coffee in the morning at my favorite diner. I'm pretty happy with coffee; I can have it in the morning, afternoon, or evening without worry of too much caffeine too late. I can have a lot or a little, and I cannot have it at all and not get that little caffeine reminder headache saying "hello, did you forget something this morning?"


I have learned to cook with it: chili, to bake with it: chocolate espresso cake and am happy to say to it: I love you coffee!


 
Need a little more coffee in you cup? Check out the history of coffee

2 comments:

  1. So sad the Rosa Rose isn't there anymore--but at least we made it in time for the coffee addiction to start (wait, was that a good thing?). I do wonder though, what if those would have been the best Spritz' ever? Would you be drinking them every morning?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nat, I can't believe you are a coffee drinker now! Welcome. I, too, am down with just a simple cup of perfect drip. Really, nothing beats it. Unless you add a little Bailey's...

    ReplyDelete